23 November 2006

Wax Attack and TV Fee

Earlier today, I was waxing my legs in the kitchen (better light and more space) when Chris came in. He went past me to his cupboard, looked at me and said, "Isn't this something you do in the bathroom, rather than in the kitchen?" I replied, "Why?" and pulled off the strip on my shin. Chris eyes widened, he said, "OK, I'm going" and had fled the scene faster than you can say "Wanna join?" The reader should be informed that Chris has had a traumatic experience with depilatory wax while applying it to himself. I might have a sadistic tendency (Kat, are you nodding?!), I somehow feel amused about reviving his memory. I don't even know if he got what he was looking for before he left.

Quick note about the wax: Seems nearly impossible to find a wax jar. The drugstores sell all kinds of veet stuff (even veet for men), just not in a jar. And the only jar I could find at Boots (the british "dm") was from a company I had never heard of before but cost 14 £! Stacia got me a Superdrug (the british "Bipa") wax jar for 5,50 £ that smells disgustingly like papaya but that's the price you pay for beauty. Maybe some products falls into the category of potential ingredient for explosive devices (for security threats in drugstores, read Stacia's report from 22 November).

Also, the TV licensing company claims that I hadn't replied to their inquiry and informed me today that I had been put on a investigation list and might face trial and charged a 1000 £ fine. I had e-mailed them TWICE within the given deadline and hadn't heard of them until now. It's not my fault that they hadn't been forwarded. Result: I have been entered into the TV Licensing National Enforcement Database. These bastards. *sigh* It's the same in every country, isn't it? At least you don't have to pay for radio (and consequently, broadband internet), as in Austria (see the GIS website for details).

2 courageous comments!:

natascha said...

i feel somewhat like telling everyone reading your blog about what you did in the last 40minutes before leaving you appartment (forever!), and moving to another country. but i dont.
so, tell us, where do the british keep their liquid hot wax?

Heidi Jahn said...

*g* hehe That's typically me, I guess. I guess I can present you with another freaky thing once you're hear over Christmas. It involves the shoeminators (*everyone in my flat nodding knowingly*)!

They keep it hidden between other similar looking stuff and depilatory creams. The Papaya stuff isn't working!!! :( I. WANT. MY. VEET. JAR.