26 July 2007

A New Challenge... and another one!

Haven't blogged in a while because I started a new job at one of the most significant human rights NGOs. It is a three days a week job for three months and I am doing the press monitoring for Southeast Asia. For security & safety purposes, I'd rather not mention its name here... which actually quite restricts what I CAN say about my job...

So let me just tell you that I would not have thought that I would be the lucky one! When I received the call telling me when I would be able to start, I was speechless! After I hung up, I was walking down the street grinning like a madwoman!

Anyway, it is very interesting work and I have the pleasure to be part of a really supportive team! I constantly try to improve myself and therefore contribute to the team's workflow. I gues finding something like a routine is normal when you start at a new job but never before was I more motivated to benefit from an employment than now!

The other good news I mentioned is that I received notice that I can start working for SOAS, paid, to help out with some project work during the summer, I assume ISO-related! That will keep me busy until the beginning of term!

3 courageous comments!:

kat said...

oooh, I didn't know about that project thingy! Congratulations!!

natascha said...

congratulations (, again. since i know you like when people comment here ;-) )

Heidi Jahn said...

Oh girls! I LOVE YOU!!!